Friday 14 December 2012

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Review

Hey everyone hope your all enjoying the run up to the holidays?!
So Today Im doing a review on the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I've seen this tested on blogs and its had great reviews and as a favourite of Kim Kardashian I thought I'd give it a go.


So I poped in to my local Fenwicks store in Newcastle which is the only place that sells Giorgio Armani make up in the North East. I've been searching for a great foundation for literally years, and after buying countless foundations and trying to match colours I wasn't going to just jump in and buy this foundation for £34 so the lovely girl on the counter gave me 3 sample pots to try out on my skin and match my colour perfectly.


The samples I got were the shades shown above 4.5, 5 and 5.5, Theres not a huge difference between 4.5 and 5 but shade 5.5 for me is far to dark. My perfect match is No.5 and as you can see by the pictures it's a lot more of a yellow undertone rather than the 4.5 which is a red undertone.

Overall the coverage from this is a good medium but if you after a full coverage for going out I would suggest layering it up as its pretty easy to build up or even adding it on top of another foundation. This foundation is apparently great for you nights out and taking pics as it has no spf so hopefully that means no dreaded ghost face photos but I've yet to try it on a night out so I'll keep you posted!



3 comments:

  1. Hey, how are you getting on with this? Thinking of trying to get some samples somehow to test it out as it sounds ideal. I too am yellow toned rather than pink and was leaning to 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi well I've had a mixed opinion if Im honest, I'm wasn't totally blown away and for the price I want a great foundation not just good. the 5 was perfect match but Im just not sure about the texture of the foundation if I'm honest I've been trying out Estee Lauder double wear recently and that suits my taste a lot better. best thing to do is just grab yourself a sample and see how you feel =)
      Holly x

      Delete
  2. What is your shade in MAC? I'm trying to find a good match for my nc30-35 skin with yellow undertones but I just can't figure out the shades from the LSF.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment,
I always love to hear what you think.
I try and reply to all your comments left, so please check back ♥
Love Holly
xoxo