Sunday 25 March 2012

Your Questions Answered


Ask me Anything:


Hey everyone so I write for a magazine and recently we started a 'Ask me Anything' column mainly focusing on the articles in the previous issue (so like fashion, hair, gaming, sport etc) and we've had some pretty random questions as you can imagine (its all anonymous so my mail is full of weird and wonderful things ha)  but I've found that a lot of the questions are beauty related! So I've decided to share some with you, along with my solution... enjoy!


Anonymous asked:
my skin is normal, neither oily or dry, but my cheeks are particularly red and blotchy often and although they do go down a little they never completely go and i can’t find a foundation that covers it properly. i also find they tend to make me look green! please help.xx
HerDaydreams: Hi there, don’t despair it’s so common in us girls to look a little over flushed and luckily this means there are many solutions! I’d start with your skincare, to avoid aggravating the redness on your cheeks I really do recommend using sensitive products. As for your make up, don’t change your foundation if it’s a good match for the rest of your face, simply pop on some yellow based powder before and after you apply your foundation, my personal favourite is the Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder by Clinique, this product is quite pricey but a little really does go a long way and the results are worth it. Before you buy this though, go along to your nearest Clinique counter and have them try it on your skin for you so you can see the finish before you spend your pennies! I hope this helped!
Anonymous asked:
i have stupidly straight hair! no matter what i do it will never curl. i have no problem with volume but if i curl it and spray it to within an inch of its life it goes flat immediately, please help! xx
HerDaydreams: It might be a good idea to use a product in your hair which makes your hair easier to style, it might not be holding a curl because the hair is too soft. KMS California Hair Stay Style Boost is something I’d really recommend, it is quite a strange product but you apply it to wet hair and dry your hair like normal and it makes your hair much more manageable. 
Anonymous asked: hey i was just wondering what foundations or primers you use, in your editor pic you have flawless skin! x
HerDaydreams: Hello lovely, thats so sweet of you, but sadly my skin is far from flawless!  I use a Mac foundation mixed with Revlon Photo ready Foundation and GOSH Face Perfector primer. Applied using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush! 

Anonymous asked: I’ve never been a girly girl, but recently I have become one! I have no idea where to start with makeup, or even how to apply it correctly. So really, I have two questions. Where is the best place to get fabulous FREE makeup/skin care/nail/hair product samples, and where can I find the best tutorials?
HerDaydreams: You can always get product samples at pretty much any makeup counter if you ask nicely, though I find that signing up to tons of mailing lists for brands like Clinique, Benefit, Estee Lauder etc is really good because they’ll always send you emails about offers or free samples when you spend a certain amount of money.  I also like www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk, they update their website every day and they always have new offers and free sample links worth having a look at! Hope this helped :)


I really hope you enjoyed ready through some of the posts, and if you have any questions or think you have an amazing solution please get in touch!  Keep them coming...

                                                              HerDaydreams 
                                                                      xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment,
I always love to hear what you think.
I try and reply to all your comments left, so please check back ♥
Love Holly
xoxo