I first saw this product reviewed on a lot of makeup blogs and really wanted to try it out for myself as I'm a sucker for following the trend! I went and picked up one in the color “Sweet Tart”, which is shown below, and absolutely lurrved it when I tried it on so I ended up going back the next day to buy two more colours.
Basically what this product is is a tinted lip balm in a tube. Revlon describes it as “Buttery Balm + Shiny Color.” I bought mine from Boots and at £7.99 it's a really good buy for the coming summer months!
- Available in soo many colours (20 to be exact)
- Smooth, lip balmy feel on your lips once applied (hence the lip butter name)
- Appears smooth and silky on your lips
- Applied easily and removed easily
- Adorable container
- Perfect for a bit of color that’s not like that of full-on, long lasting lipstick
- Doesn’t last long on your lips so you need to reapply often
That con isn’t that bad considering most lip products are like that. I typically just wear it when I’m going out for a short while to give my lips a bit of colour.
I’ll give it a 4/5 only because I wish it lasted longer, but I guess that’s wishful thinking since it’s a lip butter.