Tuesday 27 March 2012

Review: My Summer Hair Care Routine



Hi guys! Today I’ll be talking about my hair care routine for my summer holidays. When im home in England my hair tends to be soo straight but as soon as I go away anywhere hot (Im normally in America) my hair turns to a frizzy mess when really all I want is it to look nice and wavy. In the past few years, I learned to care for my hair when Im away. I start to use these a week before I go away and continue using them while away. I go to Florida every year and its so humid so you might think this is a lot to do when you on holiday but Im not talking 1-2weeks in the sun Im there for 4-6 so it needs to be looking nice haha
The hair products that I use most often are displayed in the picture below.



Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream: I apply this product in the morning when my hair is frizzy and needs some help staying in place. After I straighten my hair with my Remington 2-inch hair straightener, I apply the leave-in conditioner to the ends of my hair.
Garnier Curl Shaping Spray Gel: I haven’t gotten the chance to use this product very much. So far, I don’t like it as much as I thought I would. It works better with semi-wet hair than dry hair. Basically, you spray the gel and twist your hair into curls. The gel is very sticky and gives the hair a hard texture if the product is not very evenly distributed.
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum: This is my favorite hair product of all time. I prefer to wash my hair at night and use this product when my hair is damp. After I dry my hair with a towel, I apply a pump of the serum to the ends of the my hair and scrunch my hair to create more volume. When I wake up the next morning, the ends of my hair look hydrated and the soft curls stay all day long. This product also helps to dry your hair faster so you can apply this product before blow drying.
Aussie 3-Minute Deep Conditioner: Christine suggested me to try this product after I told her how frizzy my hair becomes. I use this product once a week. After shampoo and rinse, apply this conditioner and use a shower cap to facilitate the effect of this conditioner. After 3-5 minutes, rinse your hair twice (once with warm water and once with cold water). This conditioner has a strong pina colada smell so be aware of this fact if you are allergic to fragrance.
TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray: Before applying heat, it’s always important to use a heat protectant. I use this spray before I blow dry or straighten my hair.
L’Oreal Hair Expertise EverSleek Shampoo & Conditioner: Overall, I like this shampoo-conditioner combo. But sometimes the shampoo is a bit drying, especially in the winter. I chose this line for the frizz-control and the lack of sulfate and silicone. 

Hope you liked this review of my favourite hair care products of the moment =)
Love Holly
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I did not know about ur blog and is so cute! i'm following u now :) what about following eachother? :)
    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi aww thank you!
      i actually already follow you blog, i really like it.
      so thanks you for finding me and following back =)
      Holly xx

      Delete
  2. Hi :) thanks for follow :) we're following you now:)

    great blog :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment,
I always love to hear what you think.
I try and reply to all your comments left, so please check back ♥
Love Holly
xoxo